1. REVIEW THE ACADEMIC ENGLISH TO PATHWAY POWERPOINT BELOW
2. PREPARE YOUR FINANCIAL DOCUMENTATION
To receive your new I-20 after successfully completing Academic English, you must provide updated financial documentation. Financial documentation must be no older than 6 months. Proof of financial support is required for each subsequent program. Multiple sources of funding are acceptable, but financial documentation must be provided for each source of funding. Be advised that Designated School Officials in the Office of International Student Services reserve the right to reject submitted financial documentation or request additional information, proof, or financial documentation on a case-by-case basis.
Types of Financial Documentation
- Affidavit of Support (preferred)
- Bank Statements
- Loan Letters
- University Scholarship or Assistantship Award
- Government Funding, Scholarship, or Sponsor
Proof of Financial Support Amounts
|Program||Minimum Funding Amount|
|Undergraduate – One year||$36,894|
|Graduate – One year||$38,690|
|Spouse – One year||$8,020|
|Child – One year||$4,870 per child|
3. SUBMIT THE FINANCIAL CERTIFICATION FORM
If you are completing the financial certification form on your own, be sure that for “Select the reason you are submitting proof of financial support” you choose “I am in my final term of Academic English and expect to begin Pathway next semester”.Complete the Financial Certification
4. TRAVELING INTERNATIONALLY BEFORE PATHWAY? SUBMIT A TRAVEL SIGNATURE REQUEST FORM.
If you plan to travel outside the United States before starting Pathway, be sure to let the Office of International Student Services know your travel plans. To do this, you must submit a Request for a Travel Signature. Your Travel Signature Request will remain pending until your new I-20 is issued.
If you are registered for an ISS Progression Workshop, we will assist you with submitting a Request for a Travel Signature during the workshop.
Frequently Asked Questions about Travel Before Pathway
- Do I need a travel signature to travel inside the United States?
- Can I reenter the United States with my old I-20?
- Can I leave the United States before I receive my new I-20?
- What documents do I need to reenter the United States after traveling abroad?
- If my old I-20 has a valid travel signature, do I still need a new travel signature?
5. Receive your new I-20
ISS typically begins issuing new I-20’s about one week after the end of the semester. If your financial documents are approved for pathway and you meet all progression requirements, you will receive an email notifying you that your new I-20 is ready for pick-up. If you are not able to pick-up your I-20 at the Welcome Center, you can see alternative delivery options at Document Pick-Up and Delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions About Receiving the I-20
- What documents do I need to submit to receive my I-20?
- When will I receive my I-20?
- How can I receive my new I-20?
- Why do I need a new I-20?
- Do I need to purchase insurance BEFORE I can receive my I-20?
- Do I need to register for classes before I get my I-20?