The Marshall University Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies (OCS) was originally established in 1993 as the School of Extended Education (SEE) to provide the citizens of West Virginia with access to college level courses and programs.
The Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies main office is located in Huntington on the Marshall University campus. The Office maintains regional centers at these locations:
- Mid-Ohio Valley Center, Point Pleasant
- Southern Mountain Center (on Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College campuses-Logan and Williamson)
- Teays Valley Regional Center, Teays Valley
The Marshall University Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies serves
- Adult students who wish to complete a college degree they may have started but were never able to finish.
- Students who live far from our main campuses.
- West Virginia National Guard personnel and their families throughout the state.
- High school students who meet the requirements to take college courses.
The OCS delivers educational content and services through a number of traditional and non-traditional formats, which include:
- Public television (HEITV)
- Two-way interactive television
- Non-credit computer and professional continuing education programs
- Weekend and accelerated classes and programs
- College courses in the high school
- Courses at National Guard Armories for military personnel and their families.