As a student at Marshall University School of Pharmacy, we encourage you to create lifelong memories beyond the classroom. Luckily, MUSOP is located in the eclectic city of Huntington, WV, where we are confident you will feel at home.
https://www.ghprd.org/ – Greater Huntington Parks and Recreation District
https://www.hmoa.org/ – Huntington Museum of Art
https://heritagefarmmuseum.com/ – Heritage Farm and Museum
https://www.camdenpark.com/ – Camden Park Theme Park
https://www.chilifestwv.com/ – Chilifest
Located at the junction of West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky, Huntington serves as the hub of the tri-state region. Accompanied by the music of the Ohio River as it flows southwest from Pennsylvania, life in Huntington is a blend of small, college town living with all the amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Opportunities abound for indoor and outdoor recreation, cultural events, shopping, dining, entertainment, college sports, and community organizations. Check out the links above for a sampling of what Huntington has to offer.
Not only does Huntington have a wide range of things to do and great places to eat, we are only a few hours drive from many exciting locations! So, gather a group of your pharmacy friends and take a break from your studies for a day or weekend trip to the cities below…
Charleston, WV (1 hour drive)
- Attend a Dirty Birds minor league baseball game.
- Visit Capitol Market, a premier shopping destination featuring an eclectic mix of indoor and outdoor shops
- Explore what the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences has to offer.
Beckley, WV (2 hour drive)
- Visit Tamarack Marketplace to stock up on WV-made food, art, and souvenirs.
- Take a trip back in time when you visit the Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine and Youth Museum.
- View the famous New River Gorge bridge, and enjoy the natural beauty of the New River Gorge National Park and Preserve.
- Enjoy outdoor sports like rafting, kayaking, camping, hiking, and more? Explore the options available in the Beckley area.
Lexington, KY (2 hour drive)
Louisville, KY (3 hour drive)
- Visit Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby.
- Cruise on the Ohio River aboard the Belle of Louisville riverboat.
- Follow in Muhammad Ali’s “Footsteps of Greatness” in his hometown.
Cincinnati, OH (3 hour drive)
Columbus, OH (2 1/2 hour drive)
- Visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
- Tour the Columbus Museum of Art.
- Be inspired by COSI, the Columbus Center of Science and Innovation.
Pittsburgh, PA (4 ½ hour drive)
- Catch a Pittsburgh Steelers football game or a Pirates Baseball game.
- See a masterpiece at the Carnegie Museum of Art.
Nashville, TN (5 hours)
- Visit the Grand Ole Opry
- Enjoy the many live music venues on Broadway street and don’t miss the Country Music Hall of Fame.