Dear Prospective Students,
The Marshall University School of Physical Therapy (MUSOPT) welcomes you to our website. We hope that you will take a few minutes to explore the site, carefully review the admissions requirements, and see how our outstanding faculty and students are impacting the Physical Therapy profession at the state and national levels.
The MUSOPT is dedicated to excellence in physical therapist education. We strive to provide world-class education and to produce knowledgeable, competent, and ethical physical therapists. To date, we have graduated approximately 250 licensed physical therapists. We have earned a full 10-year CAPTE accreditation status, and we have developed a reputation as one of the best DPT programs in the region.
As the Chairperson/Program Director, my focus is clear. I am dedicated to working toward excellence in the following six (6) areas:
- Hire and develop dedicated, passionate, and well-trained faculty.
- Ensure that the program offers a pedagogically sound and contemporary DPT curriculum.
- Provide a high-quality clinical education experience that prepares graduates for practice today and tomorrow.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art facility with the necessary teaching equipment and supplies.
- Offer affordable tuition and develop scholarship and work opportunities to help minimized student debt.
- Nurture a culture that is focused on student learning, student outcomes, lifelong learning, professional service, community engagement, and the contribution of new knowledge.
I encourage you to consider these six factors as you review our website and complete your PTCAS application. I also encourage you to come and visit our campus so you can meet the faculty and see our beautiful, well-designed facilities. I know you will feel at home, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the authenticity of the people you meet.
Below are some of the unique features the MUSOPT offers:
- Multiple student scholarships (resident and non-residents)
- Affordable tuition that is significantly less (~17% less) than the national average for non-residents.
- Paid graduate teaching positions.
- Outstanding student outcomes (e.g., Graduation, NPTE, and Employment rate).
- 90% of the licensed faculty are ABPTS Board Certified Clinical Specialists (i.e., Cardiopulmonary, Geriatrics, Orthopaedics, Neurologic, and Pediatrics).
- Modern facilities with dedicated classroom space, student lounge, and student study areas
- Early clinical integration in the SOPT pro bono clinical (MUVIT).
- Service-learning and professional engagement opportunities
- Over 1000 clinical education sites
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summons the will, they soon become inevitable.” Christopher Reeve
The faculty and I look forward to taking this exciting journey with you and serving as your professor, coach, and mentor. We endeavor to bring out the best in you and to help you to fulfill your dream of becoming a physical therapist. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or call 304-696-5614.
Duane “Scott” Davis PT, MS, EdD, OCS
Chair/Program Director, Professor