The CARES Act Emergency Grant is intended to help students with financial needs due to COVID-19. The Cares Act requires applicants to meet Title IV eligibility requirements which is determined by completing a FAFSA for the current 2019-20 academic year. In addition to meeting Title IV eligibility requirements, an applicant cannot be participating in Distance Education (all on-line courses) for the spring 2020 semester prior to COVID-19.
The Title IV eligibility requirements are as follows:
- File a FAFSA for the current 2019-2020 academic year
- Prior to COVID-19 not enrolled in distance education courses for the spring 2020 semester (i.e. No face-to-face classes)
- Have a valid social security number
- Be a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- If male, you must be registered for U.S. Selective Service
- You must have a high school diploma or GED or completion of high school in an approved homeschool setting
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not be in default on a federal student loan
- Be currently enrolled for the spring 2020 semester as an undergraduate or graduate (including doctorate-professional practice) degree-seeking student. Be enrolled in one or more classes creditable toward a degree.