You have the right to reduce or cancel your Federal Direct Loan offer any time prior to the disbursement. Within 21 days following your loan disbursement, you will be sent an email notification informing you that your loan has been disbursed (credited) to your Bursar account. You have the right to cancel all or a portion of your student loan within 14 days of the date of the email notification informing you of that right.
You may cancel all or a portion of your loan online (if you have not already accepted your loan offer) by logging into myMU. If you have accepted your Federal Direct Loan offer and subsequently want to reduce or cancel your loan offer, you must make a request to the Office of Student Financial Assistance by completing and submitting an Award Adjustment Form. To make the request for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018, complete the 2017-18 Award Adjustment Form. To make the request for Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, complete the 2018-19 Award Adjustment Form.
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Loan Interest and Fees
- How to Apply for a Federal Direct Loan
- E-sign the Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Receiving Federal Direct Loan Funds
- Request Reduction or Cancellation of Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct Loan Limits
- Federal Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Federal Direct Loan Repayment
- Additional Federal Direct Loan Information