Exit Counseling for Graduate PLUS Borrowers

The federal government requires that graduate PLUS borrowers participate in Federal Direct Exit Loan Counseling prior to leaving or graduating from college. To complete Exit Counseling, go to studentloans.gov. You will need your FSA ID to successfully complete Exit Loan Counseling.

During Federal Direct Exit Loan Counseling you will learn about deferment and forbearance and how to get the necessary forms. Even though you have a six month grace period, the Federal Direct Exit Loan Counseling process will help you set up a repayment plan, a direct withdrawal and payment date. The Direct Loan Servicing Center, who handles all Federal Direct Loan repayments, hosts Federal Direct Exit Loan Counseling.