Diagnosis and treatment services
- Diagnosis of acute and chronic illnesses
- Treatment for acute illnesses
- Routine non-surgical procedures conducted in the office
Limited laboratory procedures, as ordered by the medical staff, are provided.
Limited radiographic (x-ray), as ordered by the medical staff, are provided.
- Prescription medications, as ordered by the medical staff, are provided from a formulary with a $5 co-payment. See Pharmacy Services for more details.
- Prevention and education, including AIDS awareness, STDs, healthy eating, and other issues are offered through MU Wellness.
- Testing, such as for TB, is provided. However, there is a charge. Please contact Student Health Services for more details or visit the Cabell Huntington Health Department.
- Cold packs, which are over-the-counter medications for the treatment of colds, are provided to students upon request in the South Lobby of Prichard Hall. Each student my request one cold pack per semester free of charge.
- Specialist referral, such as to an endocrinologist, dermatologist, or gastroenterologist can be made by Student Health staff. However, students are responsible for costs of specialty care.