Marshall University Information Technology is pleased to continue sponsoring access to Lynda Campus for ALL students, faculty and staff. This service provides the university community with quick and easy access to the extensive online library of Lynda.com, covering in-depth training on a variety of essential computer skills.
What can your Mac do now? Just ask. Siri makes its debut on Mac, with new capabilities designed just for the desktop. And that’s not the only way your Mac is smarter. MacOS Sierra helps you rediscover your best photos, shop faster and more conveniently online and work more seamlessly between devices. It can also help free up valuable storage space. Now your Mac does even more for you, so you can do more with your Mac. MUIT has highlighted three Lynda.com videos below to assist with your plunge into the latest operating system.
- Installing and running macOS Sierra for the first time
- macOS Sierra New Features
- macOS Sierra Essential Training
Be on the lookout for information from MUIT regarding the new Skype for Business client for Mac.
To access the videos, please visit Lynda.marshall.edu and sign in using your MUNet Account username and password. Access is available both on and off-campus.
Benefits to using lynda.com include:
- Unlimited access to courses on a wide variety of technologies and disciplines
- Up-to-date content to keep skills current and to learn new skills
- New courses added every week
- Tutorials taught by recognized industry experts
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts
- Beginner to advanced courses
- The option to watch complete courses or bite-size videos as you need them
Need assistance?Contact the IT Service Desk, located on the first floor in the Drinko Library, e-mail email@example.com or call 304-696-3200.