Faculty members should make every effort to notify students in advance if they need to cancel class.
Students should inform and work with their instructors regarding expected absences due to weather, including any updates to their course schedules and assignments.
If weather conditions prevent employees from getting to work or getting to work on time, they should notify their supervisor as soon as possible to make arrangements to charge accrued annual leave for the portion of the workday missed.
- automated text messages, e-mails and/or phone calls
- (Note: The authoritatively correct statement of the institution’s operating status is stipulated by university policy to be the message across the top of the homepage.)
- Local television and radio stations
- Social media – @marshallu on Facebook and Twitter
- University Closed: All classes suspended and offices closed
- Classes Cancelled: All classes suspended and offices open
- Delay Code A: Classes are delayed, but no delay in the opening of offices
- Delay Code B: Classes and office openings are delayed