The application for Fall 2023 admittance is now closed! Semifinalists will be notified in January.
The Society of Yeager Scholars seeks exceptional applicants for a four-year full scholarship at Marshall University. Yeager Scholars will be provided with full tuition and fees, room and board, stipend for textbooks, a personal computer, and support for study abroad experience or (with permission) an approved internship or undergraduate research. The Yeager Curriculum includes four interdisciplinary seminars, foreign language proficiency, and study abroad at the University of Oxford in England.
The qualities for admission into the Society are:
- A recommended minimum composite score of 30 on the ACT or a minimum of 1360 total on the SAT from a single test date
- A minimum 3.5 high school cumulative, unweighted GPA
- An excellent record of academic achievement in high school
- A record of notable and dynamic contributions in extracurricular activities at your school and/or in your community
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and actions in and outside the classroom
- Ambition, maturity and self-discipline
- Wide breadth of creative and intellectual strengths
- The online application is set up to allow you to create a personal account so you can log in, save progress, and update.
- Two letters of reference are required, one of which must be academic.
- Applicants must be first-time, first-year students in Fall 2023. Taking college level courses in high school is permissible.
- All applicants must complete a separate application for admission to Marshall University prior to submitting the Yeager application. Apply now at www.marshall.edu/admissions/apply/.
- The Yeager scholarship cannot be accepted in conjunction with any of Marshall’s accelerated undergraduate programs.