Laidley, prosecuting attorney of Cabell County and delegate of the Virginia Legislature, was one of the moving forces in establishing Marshall Academy, serving as a trustee for many years. He was instrumental in having the school named Marshall Academy in honor of his friend, the late Chief Justice of the United States John Marshall, who had died two years earlier.
- W. B. "Bart" and Doris A. Andrews, II
- Charles F. and Laurie Erickson
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Robert and Lena Shell
- Delbert E. and Ella Smith
- Joseph B. and Omayma T. Touma
- Wellington Trust