The Marshall University Foundation Code of Ethics
- Personal and Professional Behavior – All staff, board members and volunteers of the Foundation shall conduct themselves in such a manner which will promote Marshall University and the Foundation in a positive way that furthers the mission and vision of the Foundation.
- Responsible Stewardship – Prudently manage all assets and resources entrusted to the Foundation and discharge our fiduciary responsibilities in an exemplary manner.
- Transparency – Provide donors and constituents with information that is understandable, accurate, complete, objective, relevant and timely.
- Conflicts of Interest – Avoid actual and apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relationships.
- Good Faith – Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care and competence without misrepresenting material facts or allowing one’s independent judgment to be subordinated.
- Compliance – Comply with the policies of the Foundation, the letter and intent of applicable rules and regulations of federal, state, and local governments as well as other appropriate private and public regulatory agencies.
- Confidentiality – Safeguard privacy rights and respect the sensitive information acquired in the course of one’s work. Privileged or sensitive information will not be used for personal advantage or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Organizational Effectiveness – Improve and share professional knowledge and skills, so that performance and effectiveness will better serve our donors and constituents.
Approved by Board of Directors, June 4, 2011