“The Search for Support: A College Guide to Finding the Appropriate Support for Students with Learning Disabilities” Created by the H.E.L.P. Center staff, this handbook provides a comprehensive overview of how to locate and evaluate academic support programs at a university level. Click HERE to download a PDF version
“Higher Education for Students with Disabilities” by Accredited Schools Online provides comprehensive information regarding the rights of students with disabilities as they transition from high school to college. Also included is information regarding choosing a school, distance learning, financial aid, and other important resources. The page is geared toward a general audience and is not specific to Marshall University or the H.E.L.P. Center, but it provides very good and relevant information for our student population.
The Springboard Foundation offers scholarships for students with documented disabilities.
Resources for Marshall University
Sending Your Child to College
- “Dropping Your Child Off at College”
- “7 Things to Do Before Your Kid Goes to College”
- “11 Things to Know Before Sending Your Kids to College”
- “Kids Going to College: Getting Your Heart and Head Ready”
- “Permission to Grieve When Your Children Go Away to College”
- Article Collection from Huffington Post