The Office of Community Outreach and Volunteer Services is committed to helping Marshall University students become well-rounded, community-minded, and civically engaged global citizens.
This department offers a few initiatives and services:
- Direct referrals for students and groups who would like to commit to on-going service projects
- Development of customized projects with area agencies to meet the goals or requirements of classes and on-campus organizations
- Assistance with one-time projects such as fundraisers, awareness campaigns, and humanitarian aid.
- Monthly donation collection drives to help support a local cause or organization
- Alternative Breaks – two annual service trips to destinations outside of Huntington
- Programming focused on empathy building, social issues, and advocacy work
- Oversee the Advocates for Social Change student group
If there is anything that this office can do to assist you or your organization, please contact email@example.com.