“The Search for Support: A College Guide to Finding the Appropriate Support for Students with Learning Disabilities” Created by the H.E.L.P. Center staff, this handbook provides a comprehensive overview of how to locate and evaluate academic support programs at a university level. Click HERE to download a PDF version
“Higher Education for Students with Disabilities” by Accredited Schools Online provides comprehensive information regarding the rights of students with disabilities as they transition from high school to college. Also included is information regarding choosing a school, distance learning, financial aid, and other important resources. The page is geared toward a general audience and is not specific to Marshall University or the H.E.L.P. Center, but it provides very good and relevant information for our student population.
The Springboard Foundation offers scholarships for students with documented disabilities.
To access the HELP Center Handbook, click HERE
Associated fees are listed on page 11 of the handbook.
H.E.L.P. Program Resources:
- Access Text Request Form
- Download form to your computer (Make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Complete all sections of the form (Use amazon.com or the MU Bookstore webpage for needed information)
- Use the “Save as . . .” command to save the document as a PDF
- Email the completed form to Sara Barker
- Kurzweil 3000 & Firefly (available on lab computers & remote internet access)
- Ginger Grammar Checker (available on all lab computers)