Alpha Kappa Psi is more than a student organization; it is a diverse, unique institution of students, professors, graduates, and professionals united with common interests of ethical leadership and personal, community, and professional development. Joining AKPsi introduces new brothers to a fun, inspiring, and supportive community in which contributors work together to acquire imperative skills such as project management, consensus building, general professionalism, and networking.
We at Alpha Kappa Psi Zeta Rho enjoy a variety of opportunities and events, some of which are:
- Traveling to one of several locations in the United States to participate in the annual Professional Business Leadership Institute – a regional leadership and professionalism conference.
- Becoming involved in our community by, for example, participating in charity 5Ks, donating our time and effort to support tenants of Ronald McDonald House, and collaborating with Habitat for Humanity.
- Inviting representatives of local businesses and esteemed faculty of Marshall University to speak to members.
- Touring business locations and visiting secondary schools.
- Creating, developing, advertising, and running a wide range of different events to be experienced by brothers and Marshall students.
- Enjoying the company of fellow brothers with social events such as bowling, dinner, and – hopefully, in the near future – intense video game tournaments.
Additionally, Alpha Kappa Psi enriches member experience by making discounts on certain products and services available. A full list of benefits can be found here.