The Department of Integrated Science and Technology was dissolved as of July 1, 2016 as part of a reorganization of the College of Science. The programs that made up the department were placed into the newly-formed schools to allow for more cross-disciplinary collaborations within the college. They can be found in their new homes as listed below:
- Computer & Information Technology is now the Department of Computer & Information Technology under the School of Mathematics & Applied Informatics
- Criminal Justice & Criminology is now the Department of Criminal Justice & Criminology under the School of Forensic & Criminal Justice Sciences
- Digital Forensics & Information Assurance is now within the Department of Forensic Sciences under the School of Forensics & Criminal Justice Sciences
- Environmental Science is now within the Department of Natural Resources & the Environment under the School of Biological & Environmental Sciences
- Natural Resource & Recreation Management is now within the Department of Natural Resources & the Environment under the School of Biological & Environmental Sciences
The Biotechnology program has been discontinued by the university. Current students will be able to complete their degrees according to their declared catalog. Much of the Biotechnology curriculum has been absorbed by the Department of Biological Sciences. Students should contact the COS Office of Student Services regarding completing their Biotechnology degree.