An applicant with a master’s in nursing is eligible to be admitted as a post-master’s student depending on space availability.
Admission is determined on a competitive basis. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Master of Science in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE-accredited program. Applicants who are graduates of programs outside the ACEN jurisdiction will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Evidence of a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in a U.S. jurisdiction.
Verification form is included in the MSN application package.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete both the university and the MSN application for both the MSN and Post Master’s Certificate programs, submit all transcripts, and pay all admission fees. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that all required documentation is included in their application file prior to the deadline.
University Graduate School Application (Online Version)
MSN Application PDF (REQUIRED)
Validation of Unencumbered RN Licensure Form PDF (REQUIRED)
Applications, fees, and transcripts must be submitted to:
Marshall University Graduate College
100 Angus E. Peyton Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303-1600
1(800) 642-9842 / 1(304) 746-2500
Only those applications that are complete by the deadline will be processed and reviewed by the Graduate Academic Planning and Standards Committee.
Students will be notified of the committee’s admission decision by the MU Graduate College and the School of Nursing.
Admission records are only kept on file for one year. Students who are admitted but do not register for class will have their files deleted and must reapply for admission when they are ready to return.
For more information, contact:
- Katie Santiago, Graduate Admissions (304) 746-1910
- Becky Appleton, MSN Nursing Education (304)696-2628
- Diana Stotts, MSN Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwifery and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (304)696-2623
- Robin Walton, MSN Nursing Administration (304)696-2634