The goal of Marshall University’s Online RN to BSN program is to provide nurses who have graduated from either a nationally accredited associate degree program or diploma program with a mechanism for obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This flexible, online part time program allows the nurse to expand their capacity for critical thinking and clinical judgment. The core curriculum provides a general education with exposure to multiple disciplines including fine arts, social sciences, and humanities in an interactive, online environment. The RN to BSN nursing curriculum provides learning opportunities that foster the integration of clinical knowledge, research, and evidence-based practice.
Why Choose Marshall for your Online RN to BSN?
- Increased earning potential
- Designed for the working nurse with 7-week classes
- 100% classes online
- Affordable tuition
- Qualified faculty with online teaching experience
- Individualized student plans of study
- Nationally accredited by ACEN
BSN End of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The graduate is a nurse generalist with competence to:
- Use the nursing process to provide nursing care to individuals, families, groups, and communities in multiple settings, considering cultural diversity.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, natural and social sciences, and the humanities to promote, maintain, and restore health throughout the life span.
- Promote health care through communication and collaboration with clients and other health care providers.
- Coordinate comprehensive nursing care through the application of management and leadership skills, including prioritizing and delegation of care.
- Use clinical and critical reasoning to address simple and complex situations.
- Integrate evidence-based practice into nursing care.
- Perform as a responsible and accountable member of the profession who practices nursing legally and ethically.
- Examine professional activities that help define the scope of nursing practice, set health policies and improve the health of the public.
- Applications are no longer being accepted for admission to the Fall 2023.
RN to BSN Admissions Info.