- On May 25th, we are adopting Bb Annotate, the latest in inline assignment grading. We encourage faculty to sign up for one of the Bb webinars on this topic, for Bb Learn Classic view. For more information, please visit the Bb webinar page, the Instructor Help for Annotate, or the Bb Quick Start Guide for Annotate.
- If you would like assistance in transforming your face-to-face courses to a distance format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Quality Matters online course for Applying the Rubric will be held April 14 – 28. You must register in advance – click to register.
- Start a chat with a designer by entering your question on any Design Center page, or by visiting the Blackboard Quick Start Libguide.
- The Online Ready site is the most up-to-date site for all of our resources now in Online Learning.
BLACKBOARD QUESTIONS: To minimize contact to our employees, we will no longer be conducting any face-to-face services. Email us at email@example.com or pop in virtually (See News).
Refer to the Blackboard Services Status page for the most up to date information on the availability of Blackboard systems. Due to the volume of users and an influx of traffic, please understand that some services will experience slower upload times, higher wait times, and longer times for uploading graded activities.
NOTICE: Our Blackboard Learn is running on Amazon’s Web Services (cloud). Amazon Web Services has a weekly maintenance window at 3:00 AM on Tuesdays. Services may be intermittently unavailable in Blackboard at this time.
NOTICE: Marshall IT schedules a weekly maintenance window on Sundays from 7 AM to 1 PM Eastern time. Services may be intermittent during this time each week
Navigating Our Site
- Become a Student: Learn more about the programs offered online at Marshall University and apply today.
- Degrees & Courses: Want to earn a degree or certificate online? Find out what our University offers to make your classes fit your schedule.
- Design Center: A faculty lab devoted to answering your questions about Online Learning and Blackboard, the Design Center is available Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We have a Design Center on the Huntington Campus (Drinko Library 235) and the South Charleston Campus (GC 321).
- Faculty Resources: Learn how to give access to your courses, start the new online course development process, ask for a Development section, cross-list your course, or create a Support Ticket. You will also find any Resources & Training and Alerts that are available or new.
- Student Resources: Need to find a proctor for an exam, or you just need to know how to get started on Blackboard? Find answers to those questions, links to Campus Services, and Department Information on in this area.