- NEW – The Online Ready site has been updated with information to help you make decisions about teaching virtually during Fall semester.
- Join the Distance Education Support Community Team to get direct access to designers, instructional documents, meetings, and virtual workshops.
- On May 25th, we are adopted Bb Annotate, the latest in inline assignment grading. For more information, please visit the Bb webinar page, the Instructor Help for Annotate, or the Bb Quick Start Guide for Annotate.
- View upcoming Quality Matters trainings. You must register in advance – click to register.
- Start a chat with a designer by entering your question on any Design Center page, or by visiting the Blackboard Quick Start Libguide.
- The Online Ready site is the most up-to-date site for all of our resources now in Online Learning.
NOTICE: MAINTENANCE PLANNED FOR AUGUST 9, 2020. Beginning at 4:00 AM on Sunday, August 9th, IT will be upgrading our firewall system for improved security and faster internet speed for users. This is a planned four hour outage. During this time, you will not have access to portal services, such as logging in to Blackboard. If you are experiencing issues logging in, or with any Marshall website, after 8:00 AM on August 9, please contact the IT Service Desk (304-696-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
ONLINE LEARNING: For the safety of our staff and you, online learning will remain online for the remainder of 2020. We are available and frequently have virtual meetings. Contact us to set up an appointment or join our Distance Education Support Community Team. We will not be accepting or scheduling face-to-face appointments, and will update when it is safe to do so.
Refer to the Blackboard Services Status page for the most up to date information on the availability of Blackboard systems. Due to the volume of users and an influx of traffic, please understand that some services will experience slower upload times, higher wait times, and longer times for uploading graded activities.
NOTICE: Our Blackboard Learn is running on Amazon’s Web Services (cloud). Amazon Web Services has a weekly maintenance window at 3:00 AM on Tuesdays. Services may be intermittently unavailable in Blackboard at this time.
NOTICE: Marshall IT schedules a weekly maintenance window on Sundays from 7 AM to 1 PM Eastern time. Services may be intermittent during this time each week. Pre-planned IT upgrades and outages will take place during Labor Day weekend; refer to the Academic Calendar for more information.
Navigating Our Site
- Become a Student: Learn more about the programs offered online at Marshall University and apply today.
- Degrees & Courses: Want to earn a degree or certificate online? Find out what our University offers to make your classes fit your schedule.
- Design Center: A faculty lab devoted to answering your questions about Online Learning and Blackboard, the Design Center is available Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We have a Design Center on the Huntington Campus (Drinko Library 235) and the South Charleston Campus (GC 321).
- Faculty Resources: Learn how to give access to your courses, start the new online course development process, ask for a Development section, cross-list your course, or create a Support Ticket. You will also find any Resources & Training and Alerts that are available or new.
- Student Resources: Need to find a proctor for an exam, or you just need to know how to get started on Blackboard? Find answers to those questions, links to Campus Services, and Department Information on in this area.