We are preparing for a move to the online environment on March 30, 2020, in light of recent COVID-19 updates. Visit our Online Readiness site for details about how to prepare your course content and students for this change.
- Upcoming Quality Matters online course for Applying the Rubric will be held April 14 – 28. You must register in advance – click to register.
- Start a chat with a designer by entering your question on any Design Center page, or by visiting the Blackboard Quick Start Libguide.
- The Online Ready site is the most up-to-date site for all of our resources now in Online Learning.
- For the safety of our staff, we are no longer meeting face-to-face. Videos and new sessions, including the daily 11 and 1 PM sessions are on the Online Ready page.
- Visit the Online Ready site for the full schedule, including virtual sessions.
- Pop-in to Collaborate to ask questions (using Chrome browser):
BLACKBOARD QUESTIONS: To minimize contact to our employees, we will no longer be conducting any face-to-face services. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in virtually (See News).
Refer to the Blackboard Services Status page for the most up to date information on the availability of Blackboard systems. Due to the volume of users and an influx of traffic, please understand that some services will experience slower upload times, higher wait times, and longer times for uploading graded activities.
NOTICE: Our Blackboard Learn is running on Amazon’s Web Services (cloud). Amazon Web Services has a weekly maintenance window at 3:00 AM on Tuesdays. Services may be intermittently unavailable in Blackboard at this time.
NOTICE: Marshall IT schedules a weekly maintenance window on Sundays from 7 AM to 1 PM Eastern time. Services may be intermittent during this time each week
Navigating Our Site
- Become a Student: Learn more about the programs offered online at Marshall University and apply today.
- Degrees & Courses: Want to earn a degree or certificate online? Find out what our University offers to make your classes fit your schedule.
- Design Center: A faculty lab devoted to answering your questions about Online Learning and Blackboard, the Design Center is available Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We have a Design Center on the Huntington Campus (Drinko Library 235) and the South Charleston Campus (GC 321).
- Faculty Resources: Learn how to give access to your courses, start the new online course development process, ask for a Development section, cross-list your course, or create a Support Ticket. You will also find any Resources & Training and Alerts that are available or new.
- Student Resources: Need to find a proctor for an exam, or you just need to know how to get started on Blackboard? Find answers to those questions, links to Campus Services, and Department Information on in this area.
Do you have questions about Online Learning or Blackboard at Marshall University? Contact us today.