- NEW – The Website Content Request for Online Degree Programs form is now available.
- The Online Ready site has information to help you make decisions about teaching virtually or online.
- Join the Distance Education Support Community Team to get direct access to designers, instructional documents, meetings, and virtual workshops.
- Want to add online proctoring options to preserve test integrity? Please refer to the proctoring site for more details on how to add the lock-down browser and online monitoring services in Blackboard.
- In 2012, MU adopted the Quality Matters (QM) program to meet the online teaching endorsement outlined in MU BOG AA-46. MU will cover your tuition, but you must complete the class to obtain certification. A link to the upcoming schedule will be provided once Fall 22 dates are available.
- Course archiving will continue at the end of each term since Blackboard will only house the last 24 months of live course content on the hosted server on a rolling basis. We will help you save your content! Consult the course archiving page for instructions. We do not delete Development courses that have had instructor interactions within the past 36 months.
Refer to the Blackboard Services Status page for the most up-to-date information on the availability of Blackboard systems. Due to the volume of users and an influx of traffic, please understand that some services will experience slower upload times, higher wait times, and longer times for uploading graded activities.
NOTICE: Our Blackboard Learn is running on Amazon’s Web Services (cloud). Amazon Web Services has a weekly maintenance window at 3:00 AM on Tuesdays. Services may be intermittently unavailable in Blackboard at this time.
NOTICE: Marshall IT schedules a weekly maintenance window on Sundays from 7 AM to 1 PM Eastern time. Services may be intermittent during this time each week. Pre-planned IT upgrades and outages will take place during Labor Day weekend; refer to the Academic Calendar for more information.
Navigating Our Site
- Become a Student: Learn more about the programs offered online at Marshall University and apply today.
- Degrees & Courses: Want to earn a degree or certificate online? Find out what our University offers to make your classes fit your schedule.
- Design Center: A faculty lab devoted to answering your questions about Online Learning and Blackboard, the Design Center is available virtually, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We will resume in-person after September 5, in Drinko 235.
- Faculty Resources: Learn how to give access to your courses, start the new online course development process, ask for a Development section, cross-list your course, or create a Support Ticket. You will also find any Resources & Training and Alerts that are available or new.
- Student Resources: Need to find a proctor for an exam, or you just need to know how to get started on Blackboard? Find answers to those questions, links to Campus Services, and Department Information on in this area.