Due to a water main break, the South Charleston campus is closed for the remainder of today, Tuesday, June 19. Online classes will continue as scheduled.
It is expected that service will be restored in time for normal operations to resume on Wednesday.
Last update: 11:56 a.m., Tuesday, June 19, 2018
The purpose of this site is to inform the Marshall University community about emergencies occurring on the university’s campuses. In case of an emergency:
- The university will communicate with students, faculty and staff through messages via the MUAlert Emergency Messaging System.
- Information will be updated on this web page.
- Information also may be provided to local and regional media outlets.
Reporting an Emergency
In an emergency, please:
- Call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) to summon help for any situation that requires immediate police, fire or medical response to preserve life or property.
- Use any of the outdoor help phones to report a campus emergency to MUPD. More than 30 of these devices are mounted to existing structures or located on posts throughout campus (click here for location map). To use, just press the “call” button on the front center panel. MUPD also may be reached by dialing (304) 696-HELP (4357).
For emergencies involving Marshall University students, contact the Office of Student Affairs at (304) 696-6422. Outside regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), call MUPD at (304) 696-HELP (4357).