The charter for the Marshall Institute for Interdisciplinary Research establishes a research enterprise predicated on an earning and entrepreneurial culture.
The institute will:
- Create new jobs in West Virginia;
- Increase state tax revenues;
- Produce self-generative and self-sustainable economic growth;
- Retain and employ significant numbers of West Virginia college graduates in high-paying positions with benefits;
- Help keep the best and brightest West Virginians in the state;
- Create educational and occupational ladders in entrepreneurial research and business innovation;
- Generate patents from intellectual property developed within the institute/university;
- License intellectual property for commercial business development; and
- Nurture new economic expansion and enterprise.