Researchers at the Marshall Institute for Interdisciplinary Research are exploring new treatments for cancer and heart and kidney disease.
Through their studies to learn more about the molecular mechanisms by which cellular signaling occurs, MIIR investigators are working to translate research from their labs into discoveries that will help improve human health and stimulate economic development in the region.
- Molecular Medicine
- Molecular Mechanism of Na/K-ATPases and ligands
- Development of New Therapeutics
The research interests of MIIR investigators fall within four general areas, with the work of many scientists spanning several research areas:
- Cardiovascular, Renal, and Metabolism
- Muscle stem cell biology and regeneration
- Primary liver tumors and liver regeneration
- Cell and developmental biology