Nominations Due: March 20, 2015
Nominations by Academic Deans are to be sent to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs along with a letter of support detailing the nominee’s achievements and a copy of their current vitae. The nominations and materials will be taken before the Deans’ Council for vote and recommendation to the President.
- Service to Marshall University of at least 20 years.
- A record of distinguished service to the institution and/or college.
- A record of distinguished teaching as evidenced by peer, administrative and/or student evaluations.
The recommendation for the award could start at the faculty level or upon recommendation of the dean with concurrence of the college advisory committee (or similar body). In cases of distinguished service to the institution, the recommendation may occur at an administrative level above the dean. However, before the final recognition is bestowed, it must have the concurrence of the dean and college advisory group. The Deans’ Council will recommend to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and he/she will recommend to the President.
- A financial award of at least $1,000 is to accompany this award.
- The award is presented at the Honors Convocation.