Class of 1937
Henry King worked 15 years at the Huntington Publishing Company as a reporter, an assistant telegraph editor, a sports writer and a telegraph editor, before moving into the public relations side of the industry. He was a news bureau representative, an assistant public relations director and the public relations director for United Fuel Gas Company, Charleston, W.Va. from 1952-1973. King then moved to director of editorial services, Columbia Gas of Ohio where he remained until 1981.
King was one of the founders of the W. Page Pitt Scholarship Fund, served three times as member of the board of the Marshall University Alumni Association, and he was the former president of the Kanawha County Chapter of the Marshall University Alumni Association.