The Marshall University Theatre performance program (BFA degree) takes the conservatory approach to actor training. Using 21stcentury as well as tried-and-true trends in actor training, students in performance develop their craft according to current expectations in the American theatre, film and television industries. Guided by faculty of outstanding professional credentials, Marshall University Theatre students are given careful, individual attention as well as shared insight and mentorship in the practical side of the “business”.
The production program at Marshall University is centered on the belief that the best theatre experiences are based on the collaborative efforts of well informed theatre artists. Marshall’s production students are presented with a sequential series of courses unique to their chosen discipline. Curricula and carefully crafted production calendars are designed to develop an advanced understanding of the art of theatre, focused study within the discipline and applied production opportunities.
News & Announcements:
- Marshall’s Center for Wellness in the Arts names directors
- Center for Wellness in the Arts provides exercise training for student actors
- Children’s Theatre Auditions 2016-17
- Marshall Theatre continues run of ‘Mauritius’
- ‘Mauritius’ to open Marshall Theatre’s semester Feb. 17
- School of Music and Theatre to present ‘A Christmas Carol’
- Costume designer and Fulbright Scholar to speak
- Production of “Ah, Wilderness!” opens Sept. 30