Ignite your inner artist and start your career with a BFA from the nation’s premier center for the visual arts at Marshall University.
Marshall’s art program features:
- Creative ceramics classes that use your works of art to benefit those in our community in need.
- Small fibers classes that give you plenty of face time with faculty.
- Hands-on instruction in the most up-to-date graphic design technologies, including animation and new media.
- From landscape to life, oils to watercolor, we’ll help you find the painting approach that’s right for you.
- Courses to help you focus your goals, from 35mm to digital photography and beyond, in our one-of-a-kind darkroom.
- Photogravure, etching, relief, laser engraving and screen printing examples, working with established contemporary artists and master printers in our printmaking major.
- The chance to push the boundaries of drawing in its expanded definition while experimenting with alternative media and materials in our sculpture major.
Additionally, we offer classes to help get you certified to teach art education.
College of Arts & Media Video
Learn about the vision of the Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington – a partnership for creative development
News & Events
- Empty Bowls event raises $17,995 for Facing Hunger Foodbank
- Workshops, presentations, panel discussion to be held with artist Carol Prusa
- Juliet Art Museum to host Student Collaborative Exhibition
- Empty Bowls fundraiser set for April 12
- Huntington Area Art Society discussion to feature ‘Page to Stage’
- Art students to warm up downtown Huntington with crochet