Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts
Ignite your inner artist and start your career with a BA from the nation’s premier center for the visual arts at Marshall University.
Opened in 2014 as the new home for the School of Art and Design, the Visual Arts Center at Marshall University in downtown Huntington, West Virginia is the six-story mecca for all your creative needs, including animation, new media, textiles, drawing, painting, foundation studies and more.
Marshall’s art program features:
- Creative ceramics classes that use your works of art to benefit those in our community in need.
- Small fibers classes that give you plenty of face time with faculty.
- Hands-on instruction in the most up-to-date graphic design technologies, including CS6, animation and new media.
- From landscape to life, oils to watercolor, we’ll help you find the painting approach that’s right for you.
- Courses to help you focus your goals, from 35mm to digital photography and beyond, in our one-of-a-kind darkroom.
- Photogravure, etching, relief, laser engraving and screen printing examples, working with established contemporary artists and master printers in our printmaking major.
- The chance to push the boundaries of drawing in its expanded definition while experimenting with alternative media and materials in our sculpture major.
Additionally, we offer classes to help get you certified to teach art education.
Learn across the globe in our study abroad program:
In May 2014, 17 students and two faculty members from Marshall University’s College of Arts and Media journeyed more than 4,000 miles to immerse themselves in Florence, Italy’s rich history and culture for three weeks.