Ignite your inner artist and start your career with a BFA from the nation’s premier center for the visual arts at Marshall University.
Marshall’s art program features:
- Creative ceramics classes that use your works of art to benefit those in our community in need.
- Small fibers classes that give you plenty of face time with faculty.
- Hands-on instruction in the most up-to-date graphic design technologies, including animation and new media.
- From landscape to life, oils to watercolor, we’ll help you find the painting approach that’s right for you.
- Courses to help you focus your goals, from 35mm to digital photography and beyond, in our one-of-a-kind darkroom.
- Photogravure, etching, relief, laser engraving and screen printing examples, working with established contemporary artists and master printers in our printmaking major.
- The chance to push the boundaries of drawing in its expanded definition while experimenting with alternative media and materials in our sculpture major.
- Empty Bowls fundraiser approaching April 13, teaching service, collaboration
- Empty Bowls fundraiser planned for April 13
- Assistant professor to speak about landscapes in artists’ books
- Birke Fine Arts Symposium to be celebrated in February
- Digital Humanities to host THATCamp
College of Arts & Media Video
Learn about the vision of the Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington – a partnership for creative development