Ignite your inner artist and start your career with a BFA from the nation’s premier center for the visual arts at Marshall University
Marshall’s art program features:
- Creative ceramics classes that use your works of art to benefit those in our community in need.
- Small fibers classes that give you plenty of face time with faculty.
- Hands-on instruction in the most up-to-date graphic design technologies, including animation and new media.
- From landscape to life, oils to watercolor, we’ll help you find the painting approach that’s right for you.
- Courses to help you focus your goals, from 35mm to digital photography and beyond, in our one-of-a-kind darkroom.
- Photogravure, etching, relief, laser engraving and screen printing examples, working with established contemporary artists and master printers in our printmaking major.
- The chance to push the boundaries of drawing in its expanded definition while experimenting with alternative media and materials in our sculpture major.
Additionally, we offer classes to help get you certified to teach art education.
News & Events
- Art students to host virtual reception for their Atlanta-based exhibit ‘Minimum Capacity’
- The Pottery Place teams up with Marshall to provide online alternative to fundraiser Empty Bowls
- School of Art and Design to present 9th Annual National Juried Exhibition
- 2020 Black History Poster Competition winners announced
- ‘Reframing Appalachia’ exhibition opens in Drinko Library
- ‘Aesthetic Journalism’ and ‘In Flux’ exhibits to open Jan. 13