Birke Art Gallery
The Birke Art Gallery is a venue which is valuable to students in two significant ways. First, it offers the developing artist the opportunity to interact with the work of professionals in the field and to listen to presentations concerning craft and concept by the exhibiting artist. Second, it serves as an exhibition space for the students – annually in the form of the Student Juried Exhibition and, for graduating seniors and graduate students, individual and group shows as part of the Capstone Experience.
The Birke Art Gallery
School of Art and Design
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
Monday – Friday: 10 am – 4 pm
Monday evenings: 6 – 8 pm
The Birke Art Gallery is located on the first floor of Smith Hall.
Fall 2013 Schedule
- Amanda Burnham: August 26-October 11-Opening reception: Monday, August 26, 5-7 pm
- Portfolio Review: October 21-31
- Student Exhibition Group 1: November 11-14
- Student Exhibition Group 2: November 18-21
- Student Exhibition Group 3: December 2-5
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for an exhibition at Birke Art Gallery or Gallery 842, please use Exhibition Proposal.