Marshall University’s new Department of Forensic Sciences gives students all the knowledge they need, from a variety of disciplines, to apply science in a manner to solve criminal and civil crimes. These skills range from the biological to the digital. We live in a digital world. Our current bachelor degree in Digital Forensics and Information Assurance will help you become a success in this field. Technology has permeated nearly every facet of our personal and professional lives. Never has the threat been greater to our intellectual property, personal information, and critical infrastructure. Technology is being used to facilitate criminal activities and terrorist operations that span the globe. Billions of dollars in intellectual property is being stolen at an alarming rate. “Traditional” crimes such as murder, robbery, and burglary are also leaving digital evidence across a wide spectrum of technology. This technology includes mobile devices, networks, the Internet, and cloud computing platforms. The demand for digital forensics and information assurance specialists is extremely high. Unfortunately, there is also a severe shortage of trained professionals.
Marshall University stands ready to meet these challenges and help fill the void. The Digital Forensics and Information Assurance program offers a high quality education in a challenging, active learning environment. Our courses are taught by experienced faculty that put students first.
We offer three educational options:
- BS degree in Digital Forensics and Information Assurance
- Regents Bachelor of Arts (RBA) degree with area of emphasis in Digital Forensics and Information Assurance
- Certificates in Digital Forensics or Information Assurance
Program Features and Highlights
- High demand for graduates
- Students use professional grade hardware and software
- Curriculum delivered in a challenging, active learning, hands-on environment
- Experienced, published faculty with real-world experience
- Excellent internship opportunities
- Leadership and community service opportunities through the AIDE Student Group
- Compete with MU Collegiate Cyber Defense Challenge (CCDC) Team