You will be sent an email to your Marshall University email account when your summer financial aid eligibility has been determined. As such, we suggest that you view the status of your financial aid eligibility by logging into myMU and accessing your financial aid records periodically after you have submitted your application. Please keep in mind, however, that the Office of SFA will process Summer Financial Aid Requests on a first-come–first-serve basis. Priority processing will be given to early filers, so please submit your request as early as possible. Due to a high volume of applications processing will take seven to ten business days.
As long as all eligibility requirements have been met including Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress, your summer financial aid will disburse or credit to your account as quickly as possible, but no earlier than 10 days prior to the first day of classes. Please refer to the Summer Term Disbursement Date Schedule by clicking here.
Students who have a Financial Aid Warning or a Financial Aid Probation status for the spring 2016 semester may not be considered for summer financial aid until after the spring semester concludes and grades are posted to the students’ academic transcript. As required by federal regulations, Marshall University must evaluate Satisfactory Academic Progress at the conclusion of each semester/term for students who have been placed on Financial Aid Warning or Financial Aid Probation. Students who do not meet the standards of the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy are not eligible to receive financial aid; however, students have the right to appeal.
For more information on the University Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and procedures for appealing, please visit www.marshall.edu/go/fasap.
Any financial aid credit balance due to you will be issued to you in the form of a refund by the Bursar’s Office no earlier than the first day of each of the summer terms in which you qualify for aid.
A student due a financial aid refund may choose one of three financial aid refund options:
- Depositing the financial aid funds directly to a PNC bank account;
- Direct deposit to a current bank account; or,
- Receiving a paper check by mail (If you do not select an option, it will default to a paper check.)
- For more information about financial aid refunds, visit www.marshall.edu/bursar .
Financial aid is usually awarded in equal disbursements; therefore, you must plan accordingly. For one term you may have more financial aid than what you need to cover the cost for tuition and fees and for another term you may not have enough. You will be able to plan for this by logging into myMU and accessing your Ca$h Track.
- Summer Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Summer Financial Aid Application Procedures
- Summer Financial Aid Application Deadline
- Summer Financial Aid Enrollment Classification for Eligibility Determination
- Summer Aid Availability
- Dual Enrollment & Study Abroad
- Summer Financial Aid Notification & Disbursement
- Summer Enrollment Changes & Withdrawal