Resting on a knoll facing Hal Greer Blvd. and Fourth Ave. in downtown Huntington, “Old Main” is actually a series of five additions joined together between the years 1868 and 1908.
Just outside the Memorial Student Center at the heart of the Huntington campus stands the Memorial Fountain—a visible reminder of the 75 lives lost in the Nov. 14, 1970, plane crash.
The statue and bust, both located near Old Main on the Huntington campus, honor the university’s namesake.
Historically known as the Campbell-Staats House, the Marshall University President’s House is located at 1040 13th Ave. in Huntington.
The circa 1888 one-room schoolhouse was relocated to the Marshall campus in 1995 and stands on Fifth Ave. between Holderby Hall and the Campus Christian Center.