Resting on a knoll facing Hal Greer Blvd. and Fourth Ave. in downtown Huntington, “Old Main” is actually a series of five additions joined together between the years 1868 and 1908.
It is the oldest building at Marshall University and the landmark’s distinctive towers are among the university’s most-recognized symbols.
The building currently houses student services and administrative offices.
Old Main was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.