One-Room Schoolhouse


oneroomsThe circa 1888 one-room schoolhouse was relocated to the Marshall campus in 1995 and stands on Fifth Ave. between Holderby Hall and the Campus Christian Center.

Honoring West Virginia’s rural education heritage, it houses the Ovie and Jesse Cline Museum and was funded by alumnus Phil Cline in memory of his parents, who attended and taught in a one-room school.


Learn More