The following information has been provided to assist faculty and staff regarding matters related to the Registrar such as course schedule entry, student registration, grades, etc.
- Important Dates*Please be sure to consult the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines each semester.
January 13 First Day of Classes January 17 Last Day to Add/Drop Classes January 20 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday-University Closed February 7 Applications for May Graduation Due in Dean’s Office February 14 Last Day to Withdraw from 1st 8 Weeks Courses February 24 Freshman/Sophomore Midterm Grades Due Final Draft of Thesis/Dissertation Delivered to Committee Chair February 28 1st 8 Weeks Ends March 2 2nd 8 Weeks Begins March 16-20 Advance Registration for Summer Sessions Open to Currently Enrolled Students March 20 Last Day to Withdraw from a Full Semester Individual Course March 23 Advance Registration for Summer Sessions Open to Admitted/Readmitted Students March 23-28 Spring Break-Classes Dismissed March 30 Classes Resume Recommended Date to Apply for December 2020 Graduation April 10 Last Day to Withdraw from 2nd 8 Weeks Courses Approved Thesis/Dissertation Must be Submitted to the ETD Website for Graduate College Review April 13-24 Advance Registration for Fall Semester Open to Currently Enrolled Students April 24 Last Day to Completely Withdraw from Spring Semester April 25 Exam Day for Saturday Classes and Common Finals April 27 Advance Registration for Fall Semester Open to Admitted/Readmitted Students (Except First-Time Fall Undergraduates) April 27-May 1 Final Exams Week May 2 Commencement Ceremony-Time TBD May 5 Final Grades Due by Noon ETD Must be Approved by the Graduate College and All Other Requirements Met for Degree Completion
- Student Registration
- Updating Majors/Minors/Advisor/Catalog Year
- Grade Entry Instructions
- Course Schedule EntryIn order to maintain consistency in course schedule entry, please use the instructions provided. If you have questions, please contact the Registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grade Change Instructions
- Information regarding the grade change policy may be found in the Academic Rights and Responsibilities of Students section in the Undergraduate (pages 79-80) and Graduate catalogs (pages 59-60).
- If you need a copy of the grade change form, please contact the Registrar’s office at email@example.com.
- Forms and Links
- FERPA Information
- Information regarding the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the definition of what is directory information at Marshall University may be found in the Board of Governors Policies.
- In Banner, go to GPAPRXY and enter the student’s ID number to view if a proxy is listed. You may also check if a student has a proxy in MU BERT by selecting Student Dashboard and entering their ID number.