Address Changes

Current students may change their permanent mailing address through myMU.

  • Go to and sign in with your MUNet username and password.
  • Under the Student Self Service menu on the left, click the Services folder and select Marshall Information Liaison Online (MILO).
  • Under the Personal Information tab in MILO, select Update Address(es) and Phone(s).

If you are unable to access your myMU account, you can fill out the online form below to update your information.

Address Change Form

You may also print out the Student Information Change Form and return it to our office.

Please fax to (304) 696-6476 or mail to:

Marshall University
Office of the Registrar
One John Marshall Dr
Huntington, WV 25755


Name Changes

A request to change your name in the University Administrative System must be submitted to the appropriate office.

If you are a student and are not employed with the University, please bring original or mail a copy of your Social Security card to the Registrar’s Office, Old Main 106A, along with a completed Student Information Change Form. You may also mail or fax the form along with a copy of your Social Security card to the number or address listed at the top of the page.

If you are an employee (faculty, staff or student), Federal regulations require employers to validate that the employee’s name on record exactly matches the name which appears on the individual’s Social Security card to ensure proper tax reporting. Thus, in order to reflect your name change on your personnel and payroll records, you must present your Social Security card which reflects your new name to the Payroll Office, Old Main 206.

If you have not requested a change of name with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new Social Security card with the nearest Social Security Administration Office. Once you receive your new Social Security card, please bring it to the appropriate office.

Marshall University is aware that many of its constituents routinely use a first name or full name other than their legal name. As part of being a welcoming and inclusive campus, MU will implement changes to increase the use of preferred names in the course of MU business and education. Preferred Name changes require the same procedure but do not require production of a Social Security card.


Replacement/Duplicate Diploma Order Form

Alumni can order a duplicate or replacement diploma by completing the form in the link below.  The diploma fee will need to be paid before the diploma will be shipped to you.  The word replacement or duplicate will appear on the diploma above the Provost’s signature.  Whether replacement or duplicate are used on the diploma is determined by the type being ordered.  This will appear in the same color, size, and font as other text on the diploma.

To pay the diploma fee you can contact the Office of the Bursar by phone at (304)-696-6620 or email at  To mail the form and payment to the Office of the Registrar, send to:

Marshall University
Office of the Registrar
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755

Replacement/Duplicate Diploma Order Form


Apostille Certification of Transcripts and Diplomas

An apostille is an internationally recognized process to authenticate legal documents.  Some countries may request that legal documents, such as a transcript or diploma, have an Apostille Seal.  If you need your Marshall University diploma or transcript to have this authentication, please complete the authentication request form and return to the Office of the Registrar.  If you are requesting this authentication for a transcript, a transcript request form must accompany this request.

Apostille Certification Form