Get Online with Marshall!
Are you waiting for the perfect moment to get your degree? Now is the time!
- Faculty developers: before you start a new online or blended course development project, be sure to consult the Faculty Resources tab above to obtain the necessary forms.
- Online Faculty: the 2019-2020 list of online Quality Matters workshops has been set! Use this link to register for the 2-week online session that meets your needs (external links): https://qmtraining.wvnet.edu/
- Register for one of the two F2F Improve Your Online Course with QM workshops we are offering this fall:
- These workshops are provided by WVNET as part of the statewide QM initiative. The MU Online Learning office covers tuition for MU faculty and staff. Contact Dr. Monica Brooks for your QM certification status or more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Marshall University Online Learning division has been a proud member of the National Quality Matters program since 2012! To learn more about the eight essential standards that guide the development and course approval process, review the QM rubric standards for Higher Education online (external link).
Refer to the Blackboard Services Status page for the most up to date information on the availability of Blackboard systems.
NOTICE: Our Blackboard Learn is running on Amazon’s Web Services (cloud). Amazon Web Services has a weekly maintenance window at 3:00 AM on Tuesdays. Services may be intermittently unavailable in Blackboard at this time.
NOTICE: Marshall IT schedules a weekly maintenance window on Sundays from 7 AM to 1 PM Eastern time. Services may be intermittent during this time each week
Alert: Blackboard Unavailable May 15, 2019 In order to continue to provide the latest tools and best Blackboard service, a behind-the-scenes ...
Offices Closed March 8, 2018 Marshall University will be closed on Friday, March 23. As such, the Instructional Design Centers ...
Navigating Our Site
- Become a Student: Apply to join our University today. Find Helpful Resources and Department Information. If you have questions regarding Online Learning at Marshall, or would like more information, fill out the Prospective Student Request form.
- Degrees & Courses: Want to earn a degree or certificate online? Find out what our University offers to make your classes fit your schedule.
- Design Center: A faculty lab devoted to answering your questions about Online Learning and Blackboard, the Design Center is available Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We have a Design Center on the Huntington Campus (Drinko Library 235) and the South Charleston Campus (GC 321).
- Faculty Resources: Learn how to give access to your courses, start the new online course development process, ask for a Development section, cross-list your course, or create a Support Ticket. You will also find any Resources & Training and Alerts that are available or new.
- Student Resources: Need to find a proctor for an exam, or you just need to know how to get started on Blackboard? Find answers to those questions, links to Campus Services, and Department Information on in this area.
Do you have questions about Online Learning or Blackboard at Marshall University? Contact us today.