The Instructional Design Center is a faculty-dedicated space that allows you to work one-one-one with experienced instructional designers to design, develop, and deploy your e-courses. Blackboard is not just for fully online courses; every course at Marshall has a designated Blackboard section so you can supplement your face-to-face courses as well. We are happy to accommodate drop-ins or schedule an appointment with you.
Some of the services we provide:
- Blackboard assistance with new course development, utilization of Blackboard tools, and using the system to meet your course needs
- Department, small group, or individual Blackboard Help sessions
- Blackboard Collaborate training and support
Where can I find help or instructions on how to do things?
- The best and easiest place to start is the Faculty tab inside MUOnLine. Simply login to Blackboard and click on the Faculty tab at the top of the page. This page contains modules with the most up-to-date information about Known Issues, Tool Tips, and links to Course Copy Instructions, Course Access request form, and Cross-listing request form.
- The next best place to get instructions is in the Instructor Resources for MUOnLine Organization inside Blackboard. An Organization functions like an online course, but without being associated to Banner or date restrictions. If you are not yet enrolled in this organization, you can enroll yourself by logging into Blackboard, clicking Organization on the top of the page, searching for Instructor Resources for MUOnLine, clicking on the course and choosing “Enroll.” There is information on Lecture Capture, Collaborate, Respondus, and Accessibility options for your courses.