Spanish Language and Culture Program in Madrid, Spain
Madrid Summer 2018 Application Packet (also available in the Office of Study Abroad in the Joseph M. Gillette Welcome Center, first floor)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Universidad Nebrija. The Spanish Language and Culture Program is a one (June or July) or two (June and July) month long immersion program hosted by the Universidad Nebrija, a higher education institution in Madrid, Spain. Marshall University has successfully sponsored this program for 28 consecutive years. The program is under the direction of Prof. Maria Carmen Riddel who also supervises it in Madrid.
All academic credit earned by Marshall University students at the Universidad Nebrija will be transferred to their records at Marshall University. In Madrid, the students will be placed in the courses after completing a placement examination.
- 1 month (June OR July) = $3,000
- 2 months (June AND July) = $5,900
- Registration fees and tuition (6 or 12 credit hours) to Universidad Nebrija
- Airport pick up
- Room and half board (two meals a day: breakfast and lunch or dinner)
- Monthly, unlimited Public Transportation Pass for Madrid city
- On-site assistance and tutoring
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- $100 Marshall University Study Abroad registration fee
- $50/month health and accident insurance fee
- Round trip airfare
- Excursions to various cities in Spain
- Payment 1 – a deposit of $1,000 must accompany the application.
- Payment 2 – $1,000 is due by February 23, 2018.
- Payment 3 – the balance ($1,000 or $3,900) must be paid no later than March 30, 2018.
Please make checks payable to the Marshall University Foundation.
Send or bring your application, required forms and program payments to:
Jyotsna Patel or Lesli Burdette
Office of International Student Services
Joseph M. Gillette Welcome Center
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
Get the Madrid Summer 2018 Application here.
Please complete and send with your application the study abroad contract, the personal and emergency contact information form, and the course credit approval form related to your level of study. Those forms are available as part of the Madrid Summer 2018 application packet or here.