Are you a local business in the Huntington/Tri-state area hoping to establish an internship for Marshall University students? The Marshall University Office of Career Education is here to help! We can assist students with exploring opportunities for internships on campus and within the community. The Office of Career Education can also aid community organizations in creating successful internship experiences for Marshall students.
- Increased productivity. Student interns approach new projects with enthusiasm and are ready to put their knowledge to work
- Creation and/or strengthened relations with Marshall University. The Office of Career Education can provide an efficient and valuable bridge to talent and resources for recruitment such as faculty connections, job posting advertisement, and career expos/
- Additional personnel during peak periods. Adding interns to your staff can assist in managing workloads during heavier activity.
- Help to keep college-educated talent in our region. Students in an internship develop connections within the state. Many are more likely to stay within the region post-graduation. Lower training costs
- Student interns are paid hourly and/or compensated with academic credit. Costs related to the hiring of interns are generally much less than hiring additional full-time staff.
- Fresh perspectives. College interns will approach projects with vigor and energy and can refresh a workforce
- Enhancement of staff supervisory skills. Mentoring interns can help your staff develop stronger leadership and management skills that can enhance teamwork and efficiency on other projects.
Want to learn more about internship opportunities at Marshall University? Contact Us Today!
Huntington Campus, Memorial Student Center, 2nd Floor/304-696-5810
This location assists freshmen, sophomores, and transfer students in aligning academic goals with career goals, leading to the appropriate choice of major and long-term student persistence and success. SRC staff members are also available to answer academic resource questions and to evaluate the resource needs of any student who walks into the SRC.
Fifth Avenue and 17th Street/304-696-2370
Address: 1681 5th Avenue | Huntington, WV 25755
This location assists students in all phases of professional development leading to a career. Career Counselors guide students in effective resume building and interviewing skills. In addition, students are offered practical, hands-on techniques for networking and searching for part-time, internship, and entry-level employment.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: +3046962251