Practice makes perfect.
Another crucial step in the job search process is a formal interview. Making a good impression requires preparation and good communication skills. The goal of the formal interview is to assemble a formal, personal presentation of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Office of Career Education offers in-person mock interviews, as well as Big Interview. Big Interview allows students and alumni to record and plackback practice interviews via a webcam. To access Big Interview, log into MyMU.
- Behavioral Interview Questions
- First Question of Every Interview
- Your Questions to Ask Interviewers
- Thank You Letter Example
To complete an online interview on Big Interview, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Big Interview via the launchpad on MyMU. You do not need to register for an account.
- Use the Big Interview dashboard to practice for your interview and receive interview tips.
- You can choose either the "Fast Track" or "Mastery Track" modules.
- Before you complete your assignment, you can click on the "Practice" tab at the top. This allows you to answer sample interview questions while becoming comfortable with the software.
- When you are ready to begin, click on the "Assignments" tab at the top of the page.
- Enter the assignment code provided by your instructor. (This will be provided to your professor by Career Education.)
- Your assignment and interview questions will begin.
- For each question, you can read the question or have the person read it to you.
- When ready, hit the "Record" button. You will then receive a 3-2-1 countdown to begin your answer.
- After you have completely answered the question, stop recording. Then, you can hit "Play" to review your response. If you approve, click "Save" and move on to the next question. If you do not like your answer, simply "Record" again, play it back, and "Save" when you are satisfied with your response. NOTE: You must click "Save" after each question, or you will lose your previous answers!
- Once you have answered and SAVED all of your answers, click on "Finish Assignment."
- On the answers page, click on the answers you want to submit (in most cases, it will be all of them).
- Click "Submit Assignment", and you are done!
To schedule a mock interview, call 304.696.2370 or email Career Education.