- Every Wednesday this Summer! – MU-Grown Vegetable Market: 11AM-2PM @ the MU Memorial Student Center, sponsored by the MU Sustainability Department. Make a donation to the Student Garden project and get fresh vegetables that were grown right here on campus!
- July 8th-11th - Parent Orientation: 3PM-4:30PM @ MU Foundation Hall. The MU Sustainability Department will be participating in Parent Orientations, so visit our table.
- August 7-8th - Parent Orientation: 3PM-4:30PM @ MU Foundation Hall. The MU Sustainability Department will be participating in Parent Orientations, so visit our table.
- August 21st & 23rd – WOW Week of Welcome:
* August 21st – 5PM-6PM Garden Green Tour @ the MU Memorial Student Center. Take a tour of the sustainability side of Marshall University, including our many gardens. Be Marshall Green!
* August 21st - 7PM-8PM MU Critical Mass Bike Ride @ the Rec Center. Bring your bike, or check out an Eco Cycle from the Rec Center, and take a bike tour of Huntington. You’ll get a cool Commuter Bike Map of the city, and get to know where all the cool places are, including Ritter Park, the Wild Ramp local farmers market, River and Rail Bakery & Coffee Shop, Pullman Square, Harris Riverfront Park, Downtown, Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe’, and more!
* August 23rd – 10AM-11AM Garden Green Tour @ the MU Memorial Student Center. Take a tour of the sustainability side of Marshall University, including our many gardens. Be Marshall Green!
* August 23rd – 12PM-3PM RecFest @ the Rec Center. The MU Sustainability Department will be participating in RecFest, so visit our table.
* August 23rd – 3PM-6PM Game Day Recycling @ the MU Football Stadium. Join us in keeping our campus Marshall Green by helping recycle during Game Day. Lend a hand, pick up some litter, and recycle. Be Marshall Green!
- Jan 29th, Wednesday, 10-11:30am, 2E10 MSC: Greening Marshall Meeting
- Feb 5th, Wednesday: GREEN Pledge Drive Day
- Feb 8th, Saturday: Boy Scouts Sustainability Badge Day @ MU
- Feb 10th-13th: Recycled Valentines Week
- Feb 12th, Wednesday: MU Day at the Capital
- Feb 25th, Tuesday, 9am-2pm, BE5: Sustainable Architectural Design Lecture, by Jill Watkins
- Feb 26th, Wednesday, 10-11:30AM, 2E10 MSC: Greening Marshall Meeting
- March 1st: EcoCycle Bike Loan Program begins its 4th year, so come on by and borrow a bike for the day for free!
- March 3-7th: @ The Residence Halls – Spring Cleaning & Collections for GoodWill
- March 7-9th: WSAZ HomeShow – make sure to check out their lectures on Friday evening and all day Saturday, most especially our very own Angela Kargul who will be speaking on the MU Sustainability Gardens from 7-8pm.
- March 26th, Wednesday, 10-11:30AM, 2E37 MSC: Greening Marshall Meeting
- April 2nd, Wednesday, 10PM-11PM: @ The Residence Halls – Power Hour energy conservation
- April 12th, Saturday, 11AM-2PM: Student Yard Sale! Great chance for people in the community to come to campus and bargain shop.
- April 14th, Monday: “Green Pledge” Residence Hall Competition Day!
- 6PM to 7:30PM: Ben Lowe, Churches and Environmental Stewardship @ 26th St. Baptist Church
- 8PM to 10PM: Yalmaz Siddique, speaker for Closing Program @ MU Student Center
- April 22nd: MU Earth Day Festival! Tuesday, 10AM-3PM – Come visit this huge annual campus event!
- April 25th: Earth Day @ Ritter Park Friday, 12-7PM - hosted by the Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District.
- April 26th, Sunday, 9AM: Beech Fork Clean Up, hosted by the Cabell County Solid Waste Authority’s (CCSWA)
- April 30th, Wednesday, 10-11:30AM, 2E37 MSC: Greening Marshall Meeting
- May 3rd, Saturday - “E-Recycling Event”: 8AM-3PM @ the 5th Ave Kroger in Huntington.
Hosted by the Cabell County Solid Waste Authority’s (CCSWA). Bring your old computers, TV’s, DVD players, etc. “We’ll take anything with a cord.”
- May 3rd, Saturday - Tour de PATH: 11AM @ Pullman Square
- May 23rd, Friday – Energy Efficiency and WV Code Compliance: 8AM-Noon, followed by lunch, @ the Marshall University Memorial Student Center, room BE5. This event is sponsored by the West Virginia ASHRAE, WVU, and the WV DOE. The cost is $10, and you can earn 4 hrs continuing education, as well as AIA & WVBAR credit.
To Register, visit http://www.wvashrae.org/wvu-ashrae-90.1-2007-workshops.html
Capacity is limited so sign up early to get a seat.
WV upgraded their State’s Building Energy Code in 2013. WVU, WV ASHRAE and WV Dept of Energy is offering workshops to help everyone become familiar with the new code and how to meet it in order to obtain better buildings. Subject is of interest to owners, managers, consultants, builders, agents, representatives, appraisers, real estate agents, real estate attorneys, city sustainability leaders and code inspectors of commercial buildings – public and private. Attendees will learn how to calculate building energy intensity (EUI), obtain their Energy Star score, and compare their EUI with other buildings. Also learn what the new ASHRAE 90.1-2007 code requires, who will enforce the code and what they could look for. Other subjects will include building energy modeling, available rebates for upgrades, dynamic building commissioning and where to go for help/assistance/consultants.
- June 18th - Health Fair:10am-1pm @ the MU Student Center, sponsored by the MU Nutrition and Dietetics Program.
- June 17th-20th - Parent Orientation: 3PM-4:30PM @ MU Foundation Hall. The MU Sustainability Department will be participating in Parent Orientations, so visit our table.