- “Put Your Best Fork Forward” – March is National Nutrition Month “a nutrition education and information campaign created … by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.”
- “Meatless Mondays” – join us in the “Meatless Mondays” challenge. Eating less meat reduces demand, greenhouse gas emissions, water pollution, and our carbon footprint, all from changing one simple meal choice. All dining halls offer meatless options, too, so it is super easy.
- “Student Garden Volunteer Days” – Thursdays from 4-7PM @ the MU Student Gardens (Behind the Career Services Center). Come join us for a work day in the student gardens! Students, staff, and faculty are all welcome. BEGINNING THE LAST WEEK IN MARCH!!
- MARCH 1st: EcoCycle Bike Loan Program begins its 7th year, so come on by and borrow a bike for the day for free.
- MARCH 2nd: MU Garden Club – join us on First Thursday at 5:15 pm meet at the Sci Bldg Greenhouse and help grow a greener campus. For more information, visit our Facebook group for updates: www.facebook.com/groups/1427281950905108
- MARCH 30th: MU Day at the Capital
- March 30th: Earth Day Planning Meeting, Drinko 349, from 5:15pm-6:30pm. If you would like to volunteer, or if your group, department, business, or organization is participating, we’d love to have you at our planning meeting.
- MARCH 31st: MU Energy Seminar – BE5 9am-1pm – On Friday, March 31st, the Marshall University will be hosting an energy seminar in BE5 of the MU Memorial Student Center, in cooperation with Aetna Integrated Services, The Marshall University Lewis College of Business, and the Marshall University Sustainability Department. Presenters will include: the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), ASHRAE, WVa Electric Supply, and the U.S. Green Building Council of West Virginia. Area energy partners will also host information booths during the event. Students, staff, faculty, members of the community, business owners, and area professionals are all invited to attend. Continental Breakfast will be provided, and Professional Certification Credits will be available. To attend this free event, please REGISTER HERE.
See more Sustainability Department monthly events.