- “Meatless Mondays” – join us in the “Meatless Mondays” challenge. Eating less meat reduces demand, greenhouse gas emissions, water pollution, and our carbon footprint, all from changing one simple meal choice. All dining halls offer meatless options, too, so it is super easy.
- EcoCycle Bike Loan Program is in its 7th year, so come on by and borrow a bike for the day for free.
- Market Day – Wednesdays @ Student Center, 11am-2pm
- Volunteer Days – Each Thursday from 4-7pm
Come on out for Volunteer Days in the Garden! Each Thursday from 4-7pm, volunteers are invited to lend a hand at the Student Garden, behind Career Services,1687 5th Avenue Rear.
All are welcome. 🙂
For more information, contact:
Angela Kargul, Lead Gardener, email@example.com
- Yoga with Butterflies – 8/16/17; 3-4pm
Join Gro Huntington and the Marshall University Sustainability Department at the Student Gardens for Yoga and Green Mindfulness from 3-4pm. This class is free and open to all, you don’t even need a yoga mat!
The event is located at the Student Gardens, behind Marshall’s Career Services, 1687 5th Ave.
- Green Trail Tours – 8/17/17; 1pm
We are hosting a tour of our campus Green Trail on Thursday, August 17th, at 1pm. Anyone interested in taking this tour simply needs to show up at the Memorial Fountain by 1pm. The tour group will gather there and then take the tour thereafter.
For a self-guided tour, use a device and walk the Green Trail. Go to www.marshall.edu/greentrail, find Green Trail signs, and explore some of the many green initiatives and installations around Marshall’s campus.
You can also geocache the trail.
For more information, please contact:
Angela Kargul, firstname.lastname@example.org, (304) 549-7214;
Eve Marcum-Atkinson, email@example.com, (614) 357-8533