Open Enrollment for Plan Year 2020: April 2-May 15, 2019
During open enrollment, you can make the following changes to your health plan:
- add, drop or change coverage for yourself and your dependents without a qualifying event
- make changes to your Mountaineer Flexible Benefits, if applicable
If you are making no changes, no action is required
Below are some resources to help you during this enrollment period:
What’s Important for 2020
To see what changes have been made or other important information, click on What’s Important for 2020.
Tips for a Successful Open Enrollment
- Read through “What’s Important for 2020” to get a quick overview of the changes for the coming Plan Year.
- Review the side-by-side comparison of the plans in the “Benefits At-A-Glance” charts.
- Check to be sure you’re eligible to enroll in the plan you want. The PEIA PPB Plans A, B and C are available in all areas. PEIA PPB Plan D is open to WV residents only and covers only services provided in WV. The Health Plan is available in all West Virginia counties. If you live out of state, remember you must live in one of the counties listed on page 12 to enroll in The Health Plan.
- Check the premium table for your employer type (State agency, county board of education, non-State agency, retiree, etc.) and for the type of coverage you have (employee only, family, etc.) to find the premium for the plan you want.
- If you want to change plans, you have two choices: go to the PEIA Website and click on the “Manage My Benefits” button and follow the instructions (remember, your deadline is midnight on May 15, 2019) or call PEIA for a Transfer Form at 1-877-676-5573. Make any changes or plan selections you wish and return it to your benefit coordinator no later than the close of business on May 15, 2019. If you need to update your tobacco status, you may do so by using the options above or by calling 1-877-676-5573 and by following the prompts.
Complete guides for 2020
If your address has changed, you can update your records with PEIA by sending the address change in writing to 601
57th St., SE, Suite 2, Charleston, W.Va. 25304-2345 or by going on the agency’s website, www.wvpeia.com, and logging
into Manage My Benefits. PEIA DOES NOT accept address changes over the phone.