Marshall University uses PeopleAdmin as the system for job postings and applicant tracking as well as position management. Below are guides and instructions on how to use the system. For complete updates, please see our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to . . .
Begin Using the System
- How to Apply for Jobs – To apply for jobs in PeopleAdmin, you must first have an account. Once you have created your account, you can begin applying for a job.
- How to Begin using the Employee Portal – You must have an Employee Profile (Role). If your role is not correct, you will not be able to access the information you need.
- Log In – You will log in through MyMU. You will select the Employees option of the menu on the right. You will then have the PeopleAdmin image under the Quick Links menu.
- Navigation – PeopleAdmin has a new interface and navigation has changed. We have instructions on how to navigate through the new system.
- How the System Works
- To see the workflow in a visual/diagram format, click the workflow diagram
Create/Modify Your Faculty/Staff Position
- Complete Search Process Guide
- This Search Process Guide are the complete instructions for creating/modifying positions through completing the new hire paperwork.
- Creating a New Position
- If you have a new position to post, you must first create the position description in PeopleAdmin.
- Modifying an Existing Position
- If you already have an existing position but need to make changes, you will simply modify the position description in PeopleAdmin.
Create Your Faculty/Staff Job Posting
Approve Your Process
An important part of the PeopleAdmin position and posting process is the approval. Employees who have been designated as an an approver must take action for the process to be complete.
- Viewing/Approving a Position
- As an approver, you must take action on a new position or one that has been modified.
- Viewing/Approving a Job Posting
- You must also take action on a job posting.
Create Graduate Assistant Posting and Hiring Proposals
The PeopleAdmin process for a Graduate Assistant is different than Faculty and Staff. Graduate assistant positions are not stored in the Position Management (Positions) Module. You will post the position and complete the Hiring Proposal.