April 2nd-May 31st, 2023
During open enrollment, you can make the following changes to your health plan. If you are making no changes, no action is required
- Add, drop or change coverage for yourself and your dependents without a qualifying event
- Make changes to your Mountaineer Flexible Benefits, if applicable
Five Tips for a Successful Open Enrollment
- Read through “What’s Important for 2024” to get a quick overview of the changes for the coming Plan Year.
- Review the side-by-side comparison of the plans in the “Benefits At-A-Glance” charts.
- Check the Shopper’s Guide to be sure you’re eligible to enroll in the plan you want. The PEIA PPB Plans A, B and C are available in all areas. PEIA PPB Plan D is open to WV residents only and covers only services provided in WV. The Health Plan is available in all West Virginia counties. If you live out of state, remember you must live in one of the counties listed on page 12 to enroll in The Health Plan.
- Check the premium table for your employer type (State agency, county board of education, non-State agency, retiree, etc.) and for the type of coverage you have (employee only, family, etc.) to find the premium for the plan you want.
- If you want to change plans, you have two choices: Go to peia.wv.gov or www.wvpeia.com and click on the “Manage My Benefits” button and follow the instructions (remember, your deadline is midnight on May 15, 2021) or call PEIA for a Transfer Form at 1-877-676-5573.
Make any changes or plan selections you wish and return it to your benefit coordinator no later than the close of business on May 15, 2023. If you need to update your tobacco status, you may do so by using the options above or by calling 1-877-676-5573 and by following the prompts.
Plan Year 2024 Benefit Fair Sessions
Policyholders will receive a Shopper’s Guide that has information you need about the health coverage PEIA offers. If you don’t find your answers in the Shopper’s Guide, you can attend one of our benefit sessions.
Please see the below list for dates and times.
Representatives from PEIA, The Health Plan, FBMC, and new dental provider SunLife will be in attendance.
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Holiday Inn Express
100 Civic Center Drive
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
1 Tamarack Park
Thursday, April 13, 2023
Delta Hotels- Downtown
800 3rd Avenue
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
WV Northern Community College
J. Michael Koon Auditorium (1s floor of the B & O Building)
1704 Market Street
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Holiday Inn University
1188 Pineview Drive
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Holiday Inn Express
301 Foxcroft Avenue
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Mineral Wells, WV
167 Elizabeth Pike
The Plan Year 2024 Shopper’s Guide is available online at https://peia.wv.gov/Forms-Downloads/Pages/Shopper’s-Guides.aspx
Has Your Address Changed?
If your address has changed, you can update your records with PEIA by sending the address change in writing to 601 57th St., SE, Suite 2, Charleston, W.Va. 25304-2345 or by going on the agency’s website, www.wvpeia.com, and logging into Manage My Benefits. PEIA DOES NOT accept address changes over the phone
We will also want to include the information on how to change your address with FBMC. Policyholders will need to complete a Demographic change form https://peia.wv.gov/Partners/Documents/2018%20WV%20ACTIVE%20EE%20Demographic%20Change%20Form_updated.pdf and return it to the Benefit Coordinator.