Be Marshall Green
The focus of the Marshall University Sustainability Department is to identify guidelines that promote the most efficient use of the University’s resources, as well as coordinating and educating on sustainability issues, both on campus and beyond.
We emphasize that there are tremendous opportunities for energy efficiency, waste reduction & recycling, a thriving local economy, an active healthy community, and sustainable innovation.
The purpose of the Sustainability Department is to:
- Share the benefits of sustainability with faculty, staff, students, and the community
- Educate on how actions impact energy and resource consumption, both on and off campus
- Motivate all ages to modify their behaviors, so that sustainability is part of each persons daily activity
- Demonstrate the University’s commitment to reducing energy and resource consumption, and developing sustainable initiatives
- Earth Day 2017 EARTH DAY • April 19th 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. @ MU Student Center Plaza Join us for some ...
- MU Energy Seminar – Friday, March 31st – Green Lecture Series As part of our Green Lecture Series, Marshall University will be hosting an energy seminar ...
- Earth Day Planning Meeting – March 30th at 5:15pm Come on out to our Earth Day Planning Meeting in Drinko 349, from 5:15pm-6:30pm. If you ...
- March 2017 Events March 2017 “Put Your Best Fork Forward” – March is National Nutrition Month “a nutrition education and ...
- Hoop House Installation – Nov 17th
- Tech Recycling Event – Nov 17th
- GSEM Curriculum Project – ONLINE Our Green Sustainability Education Modular curriculum project (GSEM) is now online for download. If you are ...
- Hoop House Build Event – Oct. 28th
- Sweet Potato Harvest Event – Oct 27th
- Green Lecture Series – Oct 27th – Habitat For Humanity on Sustainable Homes
Learn more about all of the Sustainability Projects: