Autumn 2018 Issue
- Dr. Jaime R. Taylor takes on the role of provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Marshall — a challenge for which he’s well prepared.
- Former Thundering Herd star Randy Moss becomes only the second football player from Marshall to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Two students got the internship opportunity of a lifetime — teaching snowboarding at a Winter Olympics resort in South Korea.
- Celebrating and accepting different cultures and lifestyles is an important part of the Marshall Family. See how the Office of Intercultural Affairs is leading this effort.
- Actor Joe Chrest has appeared in more than 100 film and television roles, but his most famous may be in the Netflix Original Series Stranger Things.
- The late Hal Greer was not only the best basketball player in Marshall’s history, but the athlete who broke the color line in West Virginia.
- Standing Out in Our Field is a popular event that raises funds for scholarships in the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine.
- Explore some of President Gilbert’s spring and summer adventures.