If you are planning to host an event or an activity on campus please contact our office for parking arrangements:
1. Any activity that requires the visitor to park on the MU Campus during the regular university business week, may use the 6th Avenue parking facility that charges by the hour. The cost is 50 cents and it is cash only. The department planning an event/visit may be issued parking validations which are provided by the Parking Office (304/696-6648) for the 6th Avenue Parking Facility. Departments will be billed for the hours parked by their visitors.
2. When a specific area needs to be reserved to accommodate an event related parking need.
3. 10 or more vehicles will be expected to be on campus as a result of the scheduled event.
4. Oversized vehicles (semi-trailer, large vans, school buses, or trucks with trailers) need to be parked at the Stadium lot between 3rd and 5th avenues on 20th street.
Before you call our office with your event, please be ready to provide the following information:
- Event name or title
- Department hosting
- Date and time
- Event location
- How many attending
- Which department will be charged for the parking permits
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us at 304-696-6648 or 304-696-6684. Please make every attempt to notify our office of the event at least 7 days prior and if this is a yearly scheduled event 30 days prior to order your temporary parking permits.
It is the responsibility of any department or organization scheduling events on campus to make parking arrangements before the event. This is to ensure that all visitors will not have a parking problem when attending the scheduled campus event.